Wednesday, April 29, 2009

3 weeks in Toronto

3 weeks at home was just what I needed after 7 1/2 months of living out of a backpack. It was a short visit, but it was enough to see most of those I love, eventhough there is never enough time for that. Here are some picture highlights of my time at home.


I met Juliet for the first time. She was born at the end of November to one of my best friends, Jessica, and she is the cutest baby girl I've ever seen. Here she is trying not to eat the Paddington Bear I brought her from London. Soooo cute!!!



I also spent some time with another gorgeous baby. Jesse turned 1 year old just after I got home.


My sister, Kelly, got a little crazy at the party.



Like all of us, Jesse liked the cake



I'm not sure if he liked his hat though.


Nothing had changed with my old friend Ophelia


I changed my first Juliet diaper too (although it wasn't my last...but it was the least smelly)


She was grateful.




but not so happy when we took her to the beach for the first time.



not happy at all!


Linda got her cowgirl on


while Jo got her Facebook profile pic perfect

We tried winning at Headbandz, but mostly Linda just babysat a few drunks...until driving us safely home.
Thanks by the way.
My last night at home was memorable...I did teach Juliet to walk. shhhhh, don't tell her she's on my feet, she's not even 6 months old, but she's already planning a marathon.

She was even the tallest person in the room


and certainly the hungriest


Well my time at home might be done for now. I had a great visit and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again soon, but until then I'm going to get myself back to my husband and back to the travelling world that I love. Next stop: 4 days in Istanbul, followed by over 2 weeks in Greece, 1 of which will involve me meeting the sun, sand and Mediterranean for the first time!!!!! As always, we'll keep you posted on how it's all going.





2 comments:

JessLikesStuff said...

Yay! You got some great photos!! It was sooooo great to see you and Juliet's world has been forever changed since you taught her to walk. She asked me for her first pair of running shoes when we got home today. Then she demonstrated her Downsview-blank-wall-ass-boob-pose that she learned from Facebook and kissed her teeth. She also had a green poop and no one was there to change it so I had to do it. That was sad.

HAVE FUN IN GREECE!!!!!!!!!! And when you come back and are bored you can help me decide on the best time to book a resort in the Dominican. My options are: New Year's Eve (but that's the most $$), February, end of April or summer (cheapest, I guess, but do I want to go to warm weather in the summer -- maybe, because I could go to the best resort for cheapest and it's guaranteed to be warm weather and water).

This all belongs in an e-mail.

SO HAVE FUN! TAKE PHOTOS!!!!

Anonymous said...

It was great having you home.
I guess you had to post a picture that included me, but thanks for posting one that has half my face covered. That was perfect.

May hope you weren't working too hard.

we miss having you here. Maybe next time.

Love and miss you both
Mom